The World Series of Karaoke
February 20-25, 2017
Official Rules/Release Form for Under 18 Singers
There is one way to qualify for The World Series of Karaoke Under 18 shows in Las Vegas, NV:
Singers Registration Online Rules
1. All contestants must be at least 8 years of age and not older than 17 years of age. If selected for Las Vegas, you may need to show proof of age.
2. Everyone will be selected from the YouTube video, submitted. If you register but do not give us a video, you will not have a chance of being picked to perform in Las Vegas.
3. Only one singer per registration. Singers must perform solo. No duets or group performances allowed.
4. The registration fee is a total of $75 for singers selected to be in the shows in Las Vegas (It’s Free when initially registering and submitting your video, and the remaining $75 due if selected to be in the shows in Las Vegas. Singers selected to be in the shows in Las Vegas will have to pay the remaining portion of $75 before they can perform at The Main Event in Las Vegas. Any singer not selected to be in the shows in Las Vegas will not have to pay the remaining $75 portion of the registration fee.
5. Not every singer who submits will get picked to perform in Las Vegas. All submitted videos will be watched and scored, with only the top-scoring singers winning a spot to perform in the Under 18 contest in Las Vegas.
6. No refunds will be given unless The World Series of Karaoke is canceled. The World Series of Karaoke reserves the right to reschedule The Main Event three times without refunding the registration fee. This has never happened and we don’t plan for it to happen. This will only happen if we do not get enough singers to register by the due date of The World Series of Karaoke Main Event or if we lose the right to use the showroom in Las Vegas where the The Main Event is scheduled to appear. If refunds are issued for any reason, $15 of the registration fee is nonrefundable. This is a nonrefundable operating cost that is covered by each registration.
7. The contest will have spots for 48 contestants.
8. Every contestant is required to register online by filling out the online registration form. The form must be filled out completely with the Signature of the Father, Mother or Legal Guardian on the registration fee.
The Main Event in Las Vegas Contest Rules
1.Any on stage props must be approved by the producer of this event before each contestant’s performance.
2. All songs must be performed in English. If there is a part of the song that is sung in a different language, that will be allowed.
3. Rap and Heavy Metal songs are not allowed in the contest. What consists of Rap and Heavy Metal songs is the decisions of the producer and staff.
4. Decisions of the judges are final. Any contestant who attempts to argue with the judges or staff will be disqualified from The World Series of Karaoke.
5. At each show, the contestant with the highest combined score will be the winner. In the case of a tie, the audience vote will be discarded and only the judges’ scores will be used. If there is still a tie score for First Place, then the judges will be asked to write down who they thought the winner was. The singer with the most names will be the winner.
6. Each contestant singing at The Main Event in Las Vegas will be required to pay the $75 registration fee.
7. Online registration for this contest will close on December 31, 2016.
8. Contestants who have made it into the contest will have until January 9, 2017, to confirm their spot in the contest. Failing to confirm by the deadline could mean the spot is given to the next singer in line to move up.
9. The contest will have spots for 48 contestants. In the event we do not pick 48 contestants from the video submissions, contestants will be split up as evenly as possible in each show.
10. You will be emailed a link to a song registration form to pick your song for the contest in Las Vegas. In the case of two contestants picking the same song on the same show, the singer who filled out the song registration form first will keep the song and the singer who registered later will have the choice to pick another song if they wish to. Only if another contestant selects a song first may a contestant change their song selection.
11. Personal media (CD-Gs, Flash drives, etc.) will only be allowed if our KJ informs us they do not have or cannot get the version of the song you would like to sing. You will then be told what you must have in order for us to be able to use your media. It must be a legally owned copy of the song. If the requirements are not met, your media will not be used. The decisions of our KJ are final.
12. Songs cannot be more than four minutes long for all rounds. If your song is longer than four minutes, there is a good chance it will be faded out at the four-minute mark and you will not be able to finish the song. We want to be able to give as many singers as we can a chance to sing in Las Vegas, so that is the reason for the four-minute-song rule.
13.There will be three judges grading each contestant on the following three categories:
- Vocal Performance (10 points) –How was the singer’s pitch, phrasing, vibrato, rhythm, and tone? Did the singer sing on key? Does the song fit the singer’s vocal range and ability?
- Stage Presence (10 points) – Here, the judges will decide how comfortable you seemed on stage. Did you sing to the entire audience? Were you looking up at the ceiling or down at the floor the whole time? Were you glued to the lyrics monitor? Are the words sung at the correct time? Correct Lyrics?
- Overall Performance (10 points) – Did the audience like you? Did the singer dress like a winner? Was the singer, able to get the audience into his or her performance? These are the things the judges will think about when they score you in this category.
14. The World Series of Karaoke and other sponsors associated with the contest will not be held responsible for any problems that arise as a result of the sponsoring Karaoke Satellite contests. Furthermore, Contestant agrees to waive and release any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that he or she may have against The World Series of Karaoke and other sponsors in connection with contests.
- There will be three shows on Friday, February 24, and participating singers will perform one song each. The top three singers from each show will move on to compete in Round Two. Nine singers total from Friday will move on to Round Two on Saturday, February 25 – The Finals.
Round Two – The Finals:
- There will be one show on Saturday, February 25. Nine singers will be in the show and will sing two songs each. The top three will be announced from that show as the winners.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Prize money will be paid to the contestants Father, Mother or Legal Guardian. The total prize pool will be half of the $75 registration fee of the total number of singers performing in the under 18 shows.
Release Form for The World Series of Karaoke
By entering into this Karaoke contest, Father, Mother or Legal Guardian of Contestant agrees to authorize The World Series of Karaoke to use the following personal information and agrees to the Parental Consent Form:
- My picture – including photographic, motion picture, and video images.
- My voice – including sound and video recordings.
Parental Consent Form:
I hereby agree that my minor child may participate in The World Series of Karaoke Contest (“WSOK”), and irrevocably grant my permission and authorize WSOK to, rerecord and photograph my minor child’s likeness, name, performance, voice, and interviews of my child, for purposes of the WSOK, and for in advertising, marketing, publicity and promotion related to the WSOK, and to reproduce and publish the same throughout the universe in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised. I further agree that the WSOK, my minor child’s participation in the WSOK and all of the WSOK elements, including all recordings, footage and still photographs taken in connection with it, belong entirely and exclusively to WSOK, so that WSOK and its licensees and assigns may duplicate, distribute, broadcast, exhibit, or otherwise use the WSOK, its elements, or related still photographs, without limitation or restriction throughout the universe in perpetuity. WSOK may edit and adapt my child’s participation as it deems appropriate.
I understand and agree that neither I nor my minor child will own any rights in the WSOK contest, or receive any monetary compensation relating thereto. I am granting WSOK a free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use and commercialize all of the recordings and photographs of my minor child on film, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise as WSOK may desire. I acknowledge that WSOK shall have no obligation at all to use my minor child’s name, likeness, interviews of my minor child, or refer to my minor child in the WSOK contest.
I agree that neither I nor my minor child shall make any claims against WSOK based upon distribution or exploitation of the material or the WSOK and its contest to which I have consented in behalf of my minor child. I release WSOK and its licensees and assigns from any consented on behalf of my minor child. I release WSOK and its licensees and assigns from any and all claims and liabilities whatsoever that may occur in relation to or arising from my minor child’s participation in the WSOK Contest, from recording, filming or videotaping my minor child, and from showing, using or distributing such recordings and photographs.
I agree that my minor child may participate in the WSOK Contest described in the Rules and is permitted to accept the prizes awarded to the winners.
I understand my minor child’s name and other information that I provide on behalf of or related to my minor child, may be posted together with my minor child’s submission upon WSOK website or other public forum without any additional notice to or permission by me.
I hereby warrant that I am a legal competent adult and a parent or legally appointed guardian of the minor child named above, and that I have every right to contract for the minor child in the above regard.
I certify and acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in the Official Contest Rules, and that I have read this Parental Consent Form prior to registering for the WSOK; that I have the full authority to give my consent and release so that my minor child may participate in the WSOK Contest and that I consent to provide the information concerning my minor child that is necessary to enter the contest and to receive the prizes to be awarded.
Accordingly, and intending to be legally bound, I voluntarily agree to the terms set forth herein and acknowledge and agree that my minor child and myself are bound by these Official Contest Rules and I am bound by the terms of this Parental Consent. This release shall be binding upon my minor child, me, and our respective heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
Be at showroom at least 20 minutes prior to show time. If you are late your spot may be given to the next singer who is waiting for your spot.