The quality of the video submission is crucial! EVERYONE registering online gets picked from the video they submit, unless they are the winner of one of our many Satellites. The better the video the better the chances of getting selected. Videos shot sideways, shot on a cell phone, containing noise or bad audio, or shot without a tripod have a poor chance of getting picked for the festival. Ideally, videos should be at least one full song. Videos shorter than that, better be great. The video can be longer, but we will not watch more than 5 minutes. We will watch ONLY the first 5 minutes. So…If, for example, there is a 2 minute introduction comes before the singing portion, then less of the singing will be reviewed which may hurt the chances of getting selected for The World Series of Karaoke.
Videos must be submitted as a YouTube or Vimeo link. Videos submitted to us in any other way will not be reviewed. You will be able to paste your video link into the registration form. Please make sure your video link works and it goes to the correct video. Make sure it’s not unlisted. Judges may watch your video months after you register so do not change it or add a new video after you register.
Here are 10 Tips to help you get picked for The World Series of Karaoke:
- Make sure we can hear and understand you. Good, clear audio quality in a video submission for a singing contest is a MUST!
- Make sure we can see you. Good quality video of you that is well lit and focused is extremely important and allows you to show off your performance abilities. Pick a nice shot of you from the waist up as close to the center of the room as you can.
- Don’t submit videos that include someone talking, cheering, or singing near the camera.
- If you are using a cell phone, turn it sideways or horizontal. It would also be must better if the cell phone was in a holder or set on a table. Not being held by someone who is moving around too much.
- Use a tripod when recording to ensure a high quality video. You look better in a clear, focused, smooth video.
- Do not include introductions at the start of your video. The best videos begin right at the top of the singer’s performance and stop at the end. We want to see your performance – nothing else.
- Make sure when you upload the video to YouTube it’s not unlisted. Unlisted videos may not be watched.
- Present us with your best Karaoke Song. Sing the song that you perform best.
- Be yourself. Sing in your range, at your ability. Look and behave like you. The best performers bring themselves to the stage.
- Keep it simple. Don’t include anything that distracts from a great Karaoke performance. Props, costumes, dancing, acting, set pieces, etc. – all these should be cautiously used, if not avoided.
Here is a link to a video I found on YouTube
This video shows you how to get the URL (video Link) we need to watch your video. The Video is 4 minutes long, but all you have to watch is the 1st minute. If you haven’t registered yet this video will show you how to paste the link in your registration form. If you have already registered and you want to get us the video link later, just watch the 1st minute of this video and it will show you how to copy and paste your video link in the email you send us. We will take care of the rest.